Monday, August 28, 2006

Since you've been gone

I'm back from Vermont and back in the blogging chair. Two big things happened during my hiatus.

First the fine people at Sports by Brooks linked to me. They also wrote a nice blurb about my ugly blog. I would like to Welcome you all.
Secondly the hit HBO show Entourage had a new episode about an ugly pair of limited edition kicks. several people emailed me about this.


These are the one ofs made for "turtle" by Fukijama who is actually a real artist/sneaker customizer.

These are the shoes that were allegedly limited to 200, but in reality they only made this one pair. I happen to like these the texture of the leather is nice and the laser etching isn't gratuitous. Other than that the world already has way too many AF1s. A while back I blogged about a pair of custom pair of AF1s Fukijama made as a prize for the Sole Collector contest out west. They featured paisley satin lining. The entourage shoes really can't compete with that level of ugliness.


If anyone else links to me I will link back to you cause that's how I was raised.
VOC stars
James K Polka